Tuesday, July 21, 2015

My Pregnancy Must-Haves

I thought since my pregnancy was coming to an end soon that I would put together a list of my must-haves. Things that I couldn't have survived without or that at least made pregnancy as enjoyable as possible. Since I have had such a wonderful pregnancy, some of these may not be relevant to others, but here are the things I have needed most...


Yes, I am aware of how completely random  this list is. First, freeze pops have been so delightful during the last few HOT months of pregnancy. They are the perfect treat at the end of the day when I just want something cold and not too filling. Second, my Dyson vacuum has been life changing since I purchased it just 3 weeks before finding out I was pregnant. It was PERFECT timing. I have cut my cleaning time in half with this awesome vacuum. I use spend 25 minutes using a lint roller and the hose on my old vacuum trying to make sure everything was pet-hair free and now with this baby, it takes me about 5 minutes.  When you are tired and pregnant, you want the most efficient and quickest cleaning tools that are made and this is at the top of the list, I promise you. Third, Beauty counter skin care products. A friend of mine introduced me to this line about 6 months ago and while I was hesitant at first (as I am every time I try a new facial product) I was very intrigued that all of the ingredients were 100% safe to use during pregnancy. I thought, if for no other reason, I'll try because it's safe. Turns out, I LOVE EVERYTHING I have tried. I have never had bad acne but have always suffered from the occasional blemish 3 or 4 times a month. Since using the everyday and every night moisturizer, I have had only 2 (very small) blemishes in over 3 months. I have not used a product from this line yet that I don't love. Again, the most important part of this line for me was that is is so safe for me and my baby, it's just an AWESOME added bonus that everything works so well. Fourth, a Starbucks tumbler or any large tumbler for that matter. I love the Starbucks cups because they are big and durable. This is the particular one that I have and I just make sure I fill it up 3 times a day and I know I have had the recommended about of water for the day. Fifth, Biofreeze has been been heavenly on my lower back and hips. I was introduced to it during a massage and it is wonderful. I only use it at night right before I go to bed and it provides so much relief. Sixth, Tylenol PM...I don't think I would have survived the last few weeks without this one. I have had such a hard time sleeping with my back pain and this does just the trick and keeps me sleeping all night (in between potty breaks). I can take take this without any of the groggy side effects the next morning. Well, I think that was long enough to ramble on about random products that I am currently loving. Hope this helps some other pregnant ladies out! I'm just learning as I go and counting down the days at this point! Have a great week. 

1 comment:

  1. This post is really funny. I was induced for both of my pregnancies and wasn’t allowed to eat anything all day except freeze pops. But eat them I did, right up to the point of delivery. And while I've seen the Biofreeze product, I never thought to use that before. During my third semester I have the sorest of feet.

    Jacqueline Hodges @ Dr Koziol

    ReplyDelete