Monday, July 13, 2015

34 weeks

This is the latest I have posted so far, I'm almost half way through my 35th week and I'm JUST getting around to posting my 34th week. We have had SO much going on the last few weeks. I had a OB appointment last Tuesday which revealed that Harrison is indeed still breech. My doctor spent a few minutes talking about the options again; either performing the external version or doing nothing and scheduling a c-section. I left feeling SO overwhelmed. I called my husband and mom and couldn't even talk I was crying so hard. I know this doesn't seem like a huge deal to many people but I am so scared of making the wrong decision for my baby. If I were to go through with the version and put stress on the baby and his heart rate decelerates and I have to have an emergency c-section, I will be devastated to deliver early. I just didn't think I would be faced with a huge, life-changing decision. I am praying everyday about it and hoping that everything will work out just as God intends for it to. After getting through Tuesday, my husband and I made our weekly trip to the vet with our dog Penny who has been on antibiotics, anti-inflammatory meds and steroids for over 45 days due to some sort of apparently poisonous spider or insect bite. We went thinking we would leave in 10 minutes and the vet told us she would need to have a small surgical procedure right then. I. LOST. IT. completely... I could not deal with the thought it. We left her with the vet and luckily we were able to pick her up MUCH sooner than anticipated. It was a horrible, disgusting 3 days (with a wound drain that would make you want to vomit) but she seems to be on the mend! So THIS is way I'm so late posting my 34th week. I spent all weekend (literally) cleaning and organizing the house. I felt like if I didn't go ahead and do it, I wouldn't physically be able to in the next few weeks. I'm praying and definitely accepting prayers for a safe delivery of Harrison (and for myself), whichever way it may go and a FULL recovery for Penny for we bring our new baby home.


How far along? 34 weeks
Gender: Boy
Total weight gain/loss? 21 lbs
Maternity clothes? Yes.
Miss anything? sleeping.....shaving my legs like a normal human. Taking in a deep breathe!
Movement? Still rolling around alot, unfortunately still not in the right direction.
Cravings? Watermelon and cereal
Food aversions? None.
Are you showing yet? See above picture!
Symptoms? Low back pain, seems to just get worse.
Looking forward to? Putting the finishing touches on the nursery!

No comments:

Post a Comment