Sunday, August 9, 2015

38 weeks

I know you're shocked that I'm entire week late posting, but seriously, TOMORROW is the big day!! I am overwhelmed with so many emotions! I am so excited to finally meet our son but obviously very nervous about having a c-section. I have never had any kind of surgical procedure so this is all very new and scary to me. Although, in the last few days I have become a little calmer about the idea, I think my excitement to meet Harrison is hopefully taking over my fear of getting him here. All extra prayers are appreciated for a safe delivery for Harrison and I. 


How far along? 38 weeks
Gender: Boy
Total weight gain/loss? 25 lbs
Maternity clothes? Yes.
Miss anything? sleeeeeeeping! Which is not something that is given back to you once your baby arrives. I just lay in bed thinking about a million things. How will we do this, how will we do that. How am I gonna go 2 weeks without picking up my sweet Penny (our dog)? What if the recovery pain is unbearable? Will breast feeding go smoothly? And then all of a sudden it's 3:00 in the morning and I still haven't fallen asleep. I can't control my mind and it's very exhausting.
Movement? Tons! I love feeling all of his big rolls in my tummy.
Cravings? Strawberry Gatorade and Funyuns ( I have always loved a bag of Funyuns for I am loooving them lately)
Food aversions? None.
Are you showing yet? Yes, painfully, yes!
Symptoms? Exhaustion... sleep Apnea... and Braxton Hicks contractions that straight up HURT. My belly feels like it may explode if it stretches anymore.
Looking forward to? NEXT WEEK! Can't even believe it's going to be here so soon!! Again, I am SO thankful to God for such an enjoyable and healthy pregnancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment