Friday, April 12, 2013

Food Friday

Happy Friday everyone!! Friday's are my day off every week, lucky me! I am so thankful I get to enjoy 3-day weekends every week so I try to make the most out of them. I have watched dump trucks and moving trailers at our soon-to-be home all day, as I anxiously await our closing date next week. To take my mind off of the wait, my sister and I went to Hammerheads Oyster Bar for lunch. We are NEVER disappointed when we leave. They not only have a great dinner menu but with the new lunch menu, your taste buds will thank you! I ordered the hot ham & hoop cheese (which I could live off of) and my sister tried the featured sand which of the week, a buffalo chicken wrap! Both were FANTASTIC. If you are in the area, it will be worth your time to stop in for lunch or dinner!

seriously....melt in your mouth!
 
After I finished that delicious meal I headed home to make a fruit pizza for my friend, Jamie's birthday. Fruit pizza is a great alternative to cake or pie for dessert. They are light but delicious and can be made to your liking. I prefer mine with strawberry, banana, pineapple and more strawberries, covered in chocolate, obviously! You could add oranges, (which I added for Jamie's) kiwi, pear, whatever you like. They are quick and easy to make. This is what you would need:
 
1 roll of sugar cookie dough (in the referidgerated section)
8 oz. cream cheese (softened)
Fruit (any kind you want to add)
This will make 3, 8 inch pizzas.
 
Pre heat your oven to 350 degrees 
roll out 1/3 of your cookie dough, in between wax paper
remove all of the wax paper
place in oven for 11-14 minutes, until slightly golden
let the cookie cool
spread 1/3 of your cream cheese over the entire pizza
cut up your fruit into bite-sized pieces and distribute evenly
ENJOY!!
 
yummm!
 
I hope some of you will get great use out of this simple and delicious recipe. Let me know how you like it if you decide to try it out. I will leave you with one of my most recent and favorite chalkboards for the spring season. Have a fabulous weekend!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment