Monday, May 13, 2013

WHAT HAVE WE STARTED?!?

Good evening blog family! It has been weeks since my last post due to the fact that our new house is sucking every living ounce of time and energy out of me. If you have ever purchased a "fixer-upper", please tell me the thoughts "what the hell have I gotten myself into?" crossed your mind at some point! I feel like every time we take two steps forward we hit a wall (or glued down 1968 linoleum floor) and take 5 steps back. I just don't feel like we will ever finish, and although it's only been about a month, it feels like years! Enough complaining (for tonight). I have been taking pictures along the way to document everything so that I can look back the say "Woah, look at how far we have come from that point!". I'm willing to share the pictures, but please don't judge, because...yikes...some are BAD! So far we have: ripped out all of the old carpet, completely gutted the bathroom, painted every room except for the kitchen (coming soon...hopefully), replaced about 1/2 of the light fixtures (more of those to be hung soon, as well) and a few other minor things. We are hoping to get started in the kitchen next week and begin the construction of our new master bathroom and laundry/mudroom. Here are a few pictures of whats going on right now...

 Dining room floors and remaining hardwood will be refinished this weekend (YAY!)

 AWFUL linoleum in the hallway being ripped up.

 New paneling in the hallway!


 Bedroom

 OMG The dreadful gutted guest bathroom!!!!

 seriously....what a disaster



Living room

Luckily, we have made SOME progress in the guest bath since the gutted pictures. This room should be completed by this weekend!! FINGERS CROSSED!



I am soooo ready to start decorating. The decor part of this project is what I have looked forward to since the day we made our offer. Hopefully we will make a lot of major progress this weekend and I will be able to share some much more appealing pictures next week, wish us luck!

For now, I will leave you with a picture of the sweetest little nugget around, my Penny!


1 comment:

  1. it looks awesome so far! Cristian and I just purchased a fixer upper in january....and it DOES get better :) and it is completely normal to wonder what in the world did you get yourself in to....haha we have asked ourselves that question quite a few times....but it is all worth it when you finally can decorate and it starts to look like your home !

    ReplyDelete